Posted: Mar 25, 2018
WELLESLEY, Mass. -- Kendall Smith became the 14th player in women's lacrosse history to record 100 career goals in leading 19th-ranked Colby to a 17-0 victory over Wellesley College on Sunday.
Smith became the first Colby player since Kate Pistel '13 to record 100 career goals. She finished the day with three goals, three assists, three caused turnovers, and three ground balls. Smith now has 102 career goals.
By the numbers
* Bridget Horwood and Banks Dotson both had three goals and one assist. Dotson also had three ground balls and two caused turnovers. Sasha Fritts also had three goals for the Mules.
* Emma Banks, Grace Crowell, Gwen Geisler, Kate Burkett, and Lyla Jones also tallied for Colby (4-3 overall).
* Jackie Brokaw, Jones, and Burkett each had two caused turnovers and two ground balls. Grace Langmuir had three draw controls, while Hannah Newhall and Geisler both had two draws. Brokaw has a team-high 12 caused turnovers.
* Fritts scored just 35 seconds into the game in what turned out to be the game-winning goal.
* Smith had her milestone goal just 33 seconds after Fritts' goal.
* The Mules led 12-0 at halftime and then received three goals from Horwood and two from Dotson in the final 30 minutes.
100 Career Goal Scorers
|Kendall Smith '18||3/25/18||vs. Wellesley|
|Kate Pistel '13||4/18/13||vs. Colorado College|
|Lindsey McKenna '14||3/23/13||vs. Tufts|
|Amy Campbell '10||3/20/10||vs. Tufts|
|Becky Julian '09||4/4/09||vs. Wesleyan|
|Kate Sheridan '09||3/20/08||vs. Southern Maine|
|Lauren Barrett '08||4/28/07||vs. Amherst|
|Ally King '03||4/13/03||vs. Trinity|
|Marcia Ingraham '02||4/21/01||vs. Conn. College|
|Angela Papas '01||4/7/01||vs. Trinity|
|Jen Lally '90||4/21/90||vs. Tufts|
|Margaret Mauran '91||4/18/90||vs. Bridgewater St.|
|Lalyn Ottley '86||1986|
|Emily Batehelder '83||1983|