Mar 16, 2019
MEDFORD, Mass. -- Colby College's Kate Burkett and Taylor Moore both had two goals, but 10th-ranked Tufts University opened up an early lead on the way to a 15-8 victory over the eighth-ranked Mules on Saturday.
By the numbers
* Bridget Horwood and Grace Langmuir each added one goal and one assist, while Banks Dotson and Robyn Pirie had the other scores for the Mules (3-1 overall, 2-1 NESCAC).
* Eliza Dean finished with three draw controls and one caused turnover for Colby. Melinda Edie had three ground balls and one caused turnover. Grace Crowell and McGara DeWan both had two draw controls.
* Mule goaltenders Izzy Scribano and Emily Podgorni combined for nine saves.
* Colette Smith led Tufts (4-0, 2-0) with five goals and two assists. Jumbo goalie Audrey Evers had 13 saves.
* The Jumbos started strong in taking a 4-1 lead. However, the Mules cut the margin to 4-3 when Moore scored with 18:19 left in the half.
* Tufts scored six of the next seven goals to take a 10-4 margin at halftime.
* Colby plays at Connecticut College next Saturday at noon in a NESCAC game.