Mar 24, 2019
BRISTOL, R.I. -- The 10th-ranked Colby College women's lacrosse capped a fine weekend in Connecticut and Rhode Island with a 12-2 victory over Roger Williams University in non-conference play Sunday.
By the numbers
* Taylor Moore finished with three goals and two assists for the Mules (5-1 overall). Robyn Pirie, who had four goals and two assists in a win at Connecticut College on Saturday, added three goals and one assist. Grace Langmuir also had three goals and four draw controls.
* Lyla Jones and Emma Banks each had one goal and one assist. Olivia McCabe had the other score for Colby.
* The Mules forced 26 turnovers and had a 28-7 shot advantage. Sarah Stark had three caused turnovers and three ground balls, Melinda Edie added four ground balls and two caused turnovers, and Kelsey Otley finished with two caused turnovers and two ground balls.
* Mule goalie Izzy Scribano had four saves, four ground balls, and two caused turnovers. Lydia Nelson stopped 10 shots for Roger Williams (4-3 overall).
* The game was tight over the first 15 minutes, with Colby opening up a quick 2-0 lead. Roger Williams scored to make it 2-1, but the Mules tallied four times in the final 18:48 to go up 6-1 at halftime.
* Colby scored the first five goals of the second half, including a Langmuir goal down a player due to a penalty.
* The Mules keep the road show going for a trip to New Jersey and a game at Montclair State on Wednesday at 3 p.m. Colby then has a showdown with 11th-ranked Wesleyan University at home this Saturday at noon.