Posted: Mar 27, 2019
MONTCLAIR, N.J. -- After playing three road games in five days in three states, the 11th-ranked Colby College women's lacrosse team heads home after a 13-6 win over Montclair State on Wednesday.
The Mules move to 6-1 overall after winning games in Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New Jersey the past five days. Colby will play host to 12th-ranked Wesleyan University at noon on Saturday at Bill Alfond Field.
By the numbers
* Robyn Pirie played a part in more than 50 percent of the offense with five goals and two assists. She leads the Mules in scoring with 18 goals and five assists for 23 points.
* Grace Langmuir had her usual all-around game with two goals, two assists, and four draw controls. Emma Banks added two goals, while Banks Dotson finished with one goal and one assist.
* Bridget Horwood added one goal, five ground balls, and two caused turnovers. Grace Crowell had one goal and three draw controls, while Taylor Moore tallied once.
* Kelsey Otley had a strong game with five caused turnovers, while Sarah Stark had three ground balls, two caused turnovers, and two draw controls. Melinda Edie had four ground balls, Kristin Yorke added three ground balls, and Zoe Lash finished with two draw controls.
* Mule goaltender Izzy Scribano made six saves and had one caused turnover.
* The Mules never trailed in the game and were up 7-4 at halftime. Colby scored the first three goals of the second half to take control.