Mar 23, 2019
NEW LONDON, Conn. -- Robyn Pirie had four goals and two assists in the second half to play a part in all of Colby College's goals as the Mules pulled away for a 12-7 win over Connecticut College in NESCAC women's lacrosse.
Colby, ranked 10th nationally, improves to 4-1 overall and is tied for second in the conference standings at 3-1.
By the numbers
* Pirie had her four goals on just five shots. She leads the Mules in goals scored (10) and is second on the team in scoring with 13 points.
* Grace Langmuir also had a big game with three goals, one assist, five draw controls, three ground balls, and two caused turnovers. She leads Colby in scoring with eight goals and seven assists for 15 points. Langmuir also leads the team with 14 draw controls.
* Emma Banks added two goals and one assist for the Mules. Banks Dotson had one goal and one assist, while Colby had single goals from Kate Burkett and Grace Crowell. Bridget Horwood and Eliza Dean each had one assist.
* Crowell added three draw controls and one caused turnover. Dotson and McGara DeWan both had two draw controls. Kristin Yorke (pictured) had a nice game defensively with three caused turnovers and two ground balls.
* Mule goalie Izzy Scribano stopped nine shots. Camel keeper Nina Fazio made 10 stops.
* In a game played under windy conditions, the two teams combined for 47 turnovers. The Mules helped their own cause with a 15-6 margin in draw controls.
* After Conn College took a 2-0 lead in the opening 5:42 of the first half, Colby bounced back with four straight goals.
* With the score tied 4-4, Burkett and Langmuir both scored on free-position shots for a 6-4 margin. The Camels, though, cut the lead to 6-5 at halftime.
* Langmuir scored the first two goals of the second half on assists from Pirie for an 8-5 lead. Conn College cut the lead to 8-6 with 21:57 remaining, but Pirie took over the game in the final 21 minutes. She scored at 21:01 and 16:34 to push the lead to 10-6. After a Camel score, Pirie added the final two goals of the game.
* Colby is right back in action Sunday with an 11:30 a.m. non-conference game at Roger Williams.