Sep 19, 2017
STANDISH, Maine -- Paige Hanssen finished with 15 kills and head coach Candice Parent won her 350th career match for the Colby College volleyball team in a 3-0 win at St. Joseph's College on Tuesday night.
Parent, in her 23rd season with the Mules, improved her career record to 350-327. She is a two-time NESCAC Coach of the Year during her time at Colby.
* The Mules won by set scores of 25-17, 25-21, 25-23.
* The Mules had 11 kills or more in each set, including 15 in the final set.
* Colby led 6-5 in the first set and used a 7-0 scoring run to take early control. However, the Monks battled back and tied the set at 17-17. After a St. Joseph's serving error made it 18-17, Hanssen served the final seven points of the set.
* The Monks got off to a 6-2 lead in the second set only to see the Mules storm back and tie the set at 6-6. With the score 17-17, the Mules scored eight of the next 12 points to pull away.
* The Mules led by as much as 19-14 in the third set. The Monks, though, fought back and tied the set at 23-23. Nicole Petherbridge (pictured) had a kill for the final point of the match.
By the numbers
* Hanssen finished with 15 kills, 14 defensive digs, and two blocks. She has 58 kills in her last 12 sets for a 4.83 per set average.
* Petherbridge hit a terrific 57 percent with her nine kills, one attack error, and 14 total attacks. Elizabeth Middlebrooks added six kills and eight digs, while Erin Maidman had 13 digs. Emily Moslener dished 16 assists and Mae Sefransky had 10 assists and seven digs.
Next on the schedule
* The Mules will play host to Bates College in a NESCAC match Friday at 7 p.m.